The BENEFICIAL AI 2017 conference has gathered an impressive panel of thinkers, including Yoshua Bengio, Stuart Russell, Andrew McAfee, Demis Hassabis, Ray Kurzweil, Yann LeCun, Shane Legg, Nick Bostrom, Jaan Tallinn (to name just a few)
The technical talks that I found most interesting are the following:
- Interactions between the AI Control Problem and the Governance Problem | Nick Bostrom
- Creating Human-Level AI | Yoshua Bengio
- Provably Beneficial AI | Stuart Russell
- A Path to AI | Yann LeCun
- Creating Human-level AI: How and When?
- Superintelligence: Science or Fiction? | Elon Musk & Other Great Minds
This talk also was surprising to me:
I didn’t know about the idea of Social Decay (that he talks about at around 12:00), and it is quite alarming.